Evaluations - University of Calgary DorpOff/PickUp Procedure
We are excited that we are able to have a basketball season this year especially in these unprecedented times. In order to do our due diligence in keeping everyone safe and to be able to use these facilities we have agreed with the operators of the following procedures.
University of Calgary - Jack Simpson Gym Evaluation - Drop off/pick-up Procedures:
- Athletes will be escorted from the drop off zone to check in by an adult NW volunteer wearing a high vis vest. (see map yellow circle shows drop off area)
- Please drop athletes off 20-30mins prior to your evaluation start time
- There is a pull out on the main road where athletes can load & unload, we ask parents do not get out of car, you can see our volunteer and drop off zone from the drop off area
- If you want to escort your child to the drop off/pick up area then please park in one of the pay lots to do so
- At the end of the court session. The participants will be gathered together in the gym and escorted out to the pick up zone by our volunteers for pick up
- Please do not come for pickup until 5mins prior to your athlete’s evaluation end time as it will take 5-10mins to get athletes from gym back to pick/up dropoff point
- You can park and walk to pickup zone to meet your athlete outside but again you can not enter the building
- our volunteers will stay with athletes until someone arrives in case of emergency but please do not take advantage of this - BE ON TIME
- Parents will NOT be allowed in any building where evaluations are being held. There are designated drop off and pick up zones for children. (Please see attached pdf map)
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times and follow social distancing with the exception of the participants when actively engaged on the court.
- All participants are encouraged to used hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the gym.
NOTE: Please dress your child for the weather as they will be waiting briefly outside to gather as a group before entering the building and after they will be waiting outside for you to pick them up. Parents are asked to stay in/at their cars when dropping off or picking up their children. Parents can park in the pay lots and walk & wait at the drop off point but they are not allowed in the building. At no time are parents and /or adults allowed in a building unless authorized by only David Clark (CWNB President) by contacting him 48 hours ahead of the scheduled evaluation time.
We appreciate your support and co-operation with this procedure. We are looking forward to a great playing season and are glad to be back in the gym.